|image from http://www.raisingmyvibrations.com/vegetarian.html|
1. Veggie diet is high in fibre, vitamins, minerals. Considered to have the most nutrients diet if done properly, like eating a wide range of plant food, including legumes, wholegrain, nuts and seeds.
2. Studies showed that veggie diet lowered rates of cancer and heart diseases.
3. Cholesterol is low in vegans, so is blood pressure.
4. Weight and fat loss is achieved.
5. Long-term vegans live longer than meat-eaters, according to 2016 Mayo Clinic research.
6. Better for environment as livestock farming contributes to greenhouse gas emissions where else plants absorbs CO2.
7.Livestock farming needs more space than vegetable farming as latter can be cultivated vertically nowadays.
1. Some vegans have very low blood pressure, which causes dizziness. If too low, maybe fatal.
2. Some vegans do not eat enough full-protein food, which causes the body not to be properly grown (muscles and bones affected) due to lack of amino acids.
3. Eating too much plant-based foods of high-fibre may cause digestive problems.
4. Plant-based foods are not very calorie-dense. One might not consume enough calories for your body.
5. High cholesterol may result due to low protein intake, as well as other illnesses.
6. Some nutrients like omega-3, calcium, vitamins B12 and D are more commonly found in animals, eating plant-based food with these nutrients may be a problem.
7. May have to take supplements to supplement less eaten nutrients.
8. Might consume more junk or unhealthy processed food as they are labelled vegan but they may actually contain more carbohydrates or sugar.