- It helps to stimulate perspiration that cleanses the system and brings down body temperature.
- It contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help to boost up the immune system.
- It acts as an antihistamine and decongestant that helps to ease colds symptoms.
- It contains chemicals called sesquiterpenes which are specifically used to target rhinoviruses (the most common family of cold viruses).
- It is a natural pain and fever reducer and also a mild sedative.
- The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals in ginger root will help to relieve a sore throat quickly.
How to make ginger tea
You may use half teaspoon of powdered ginger or cut 2 to 3 slices of fresh ginger root and steep in hot water. A cup a day of ginger tea will keep the cold away.
Other way of taking ginger is by eating sliced/shredded ginger.
|image for illustration only|