The avocado is a rather unique type of fruit.
Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats.
These are the health benefits:
- The main ingredient in avocado is guacamole.
- Avocado is loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids, majority of the fat is oleic acid. This is the same fat that is found in olive oil.
- Full of fibre. One fruit may supply about 13g of fibre or 50% of the recommended amount.
- Eating Avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- The fat in avocado can help you to absorb nutrients from plant food
- Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes
- Avocado extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis
- Eating avocado may help you lose weight
- Avocados contain loads of vitamins A, C, E and K
- Another thing that makes avocado a superfood is the fact that it does not contain any cholesterol or sodium and is low in saturated fat
- Beneficial for pregnant women as it contains a great amount of folic acid which is important for preventing birth defects
- Helps to protect your liver