Anyone who knows me knows that I love to walk nearly everywhere I go. It’s my preferred method of transportation by far. Whenever I have errands that are five or less miles away, I walk whenever I can. When I was in school I walked to and from classes — about six miles each way from my apartment — and it was a great deal of fun.
I also walk my son to and from daycare and school whenever the weather permits. His school is about half a mile from home, and his daycare is a just a few blocks down the road. So, walking him back and forth gives us both some wonderful walking time together each and every day. I cherish these walks; they’re much more fun than driving the short distance to daycare and school. Plus, I hope that doing this gives my son a lifelong love of walking, so we can do it together for many years to come.
The research is quite clear on this: if you make brisk walking a regular part of your day, you’ll very likely enjoy better health in a multitude of ways. This has definitely been true for me, so I keep on walking!
Read the full article @ http://www.thealternativedaily.com/benefits-of-walking/
My 2 cents:
Walking not only helps you physically, but mentally too, like:
- It clears your head with fresh air so you can think better.
- You can smell the trees and flowers, making you forget about your depression or unhappiness.
- You see other people and new places when you walk that may give you inspirations or new ideas for your work or project.
- You feel free when you walk, and appreciate life.
- People always say they have no time to bond with their love ones. Walking to anywhere with your love ones is one way of bonding.