|Image for illustration only|
In a press release on Friday (Aug 11), Suntory's regional general manager for Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore Lee Hon Tong said: "We wish to announce that during a routine quality check in our factory, we found one error in our manufacturing process."
The company discovered a faulty bottling machine which allowed air to enter random bottles which may spoil before the stated expiry date.
The Ribena brands being recalled have the following expiring dates:
- Ribena Cordial Blackcurrant (May until August 2018)*
- Ribena Cordial Blackcurrant and Glucose (May until August 2018)*
- Ribena Cordial Blackcurrant and Strawberry (February until March 2018)*
- Ribena Cordial Blackcurrant and Blueberry (February until March 2018)
- Ribena Cordial Blackcurrant and Apple (April until May 2018)*