Dr Dale Pinnock explains why up to 70 million people are affected by digestive diseases in his latest book, Eat your Way to a Healthy Gut.
He explains the causes and how to soothe your gut from digestive complaints like bloating, constipation, IBS, inflammatory bower disease, etc.
1. Sugar and refined carbohydrates are bad as they do not have nutrients, fibre, healthy fats for your gut.
2. Stress can influence the digestive rhythm.
3. Chew your food properly and eat slowly.
4. Take digestive enzyme supplements or tea (like peppermint) to ease and reduce digestive problems.
5. Take probiotics.
6. Eat good quality, fibre-rich food. Do not take too much in the beginning or it will cause more harm than good to your gut.
7. Complex carbs are food source for the bacteria that live in the gut.
8. Drink more water.