Hawthorn oolong tea
|dried hawthorn slices|
Hawthorn aids in the digestion of meat and oily food. Its sour and sweet taste makes it work well in the stomach, spleen and liver meridians or channels through which qi travels.
2. BLOATED STOMACH
- The natural saltiness of malt works well in the stomach and spleen meridians. In TCM, bloating due to over-eating is often caused by undigested food and stagnant qi in the stomach.
- Malt helps to break down carbohydrates and regulate the stagnant qi in the stomach, thus relieving bloatedness.
Ginger and orange peel tea
- The pungent taste of ginger and orange peel makes them work well in the lungs, stomach and spleen meridians.
- The orange peel also boosts the qi of the spleen, which helps digestion.
White radish soup (with pork)
The sweet and pungent taste of white radish works well in the spleen, stomach and lungs meridians.
Pueraria flower (kudzu flower 葛花) tea
- The pueraria flower has a sweet taste and works well in the spleen and stomach meridians.
- It helps to increase the vigour of the stomach, relieve hangover symptoms and quench the thirst caused by excessive alcohol intake.