Monday, 7 May 2018

Blackcurrant supplement can burn as much fat as FOUR WEEKS of regular exercise

A blackcurrant-extract supplement can burn as much fat as four weeks of regular exercise, new research suggests.

When taken twice a day for just one week, the vitamin increases fat burning by an average of 27%, with one study participant achieving a rise of 55%.

Known as CurraNZ, the supplement is made from New Zealand blackcurrants and costs £21.75 for a pack of 30.

The berries contain nutrients, called polyphenols, which are thought to encourage fat burning during exercise by increasing blood flow, according to the researchers.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5691063/Blackcurrant-supplement-costs-21-boosts-fat-burning-weeks-regular-exercise.html

Note: Blackcurrant syrup by Fairprice and Ribena may help in weight-loss since they are made from the juice of blackcurrant and not concentrate.

Warning: MAS warns of rising number of phishing scams targeting bank accounts


The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has advised consumers to "exercise utmost caution" when dealing with emails requesting for sensitive information associated with their bank accounts.

In an advisory, MAS said there has been a rising number of "phishing attempts" in the past week.

The scams involved emails purportedly from banks asking customers to update their personal particulars, including information on their bank accounts, online banking user names and passwords.

Read more @ https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mas-warns-of-rising-number-of-phishing-scams-targeting-bank-10207142

You may want to read How to protect yourself against bank phishing scams


Rubik's Cube New World Record


Nail-biting can be deadly


Nail-biting is not only a bad habit, it is making your nails ugly, and can be deadly.

Luke Hanoman, a father of two, developed sepsis and nearly died all because of a small cut on one of his fingers caused by biting his nails, reports The Sun.

“I used to bite my nails all the time. It was nervous thing,” the 28-year-old told the British newspaper. "And one day I bit the skin down the side of my nail. It hurt a bit but I didn’t think anything of it."

Later that week, he developed some scary symptoms. He couldn't focus, he started having cold sweats, and he was shaking. His finger swelled up and began throbbing. At first, Hanoman thought it was just a viral infection and that he would be able to "sleep it off."

When his mother came to check on him the next day, Hanoman had developed a high fever and red lines all over his body, which can be a sign of infection. His mother called the National Health Service, and she was advised to get her son to a hospital immediately.

He spent 4 days in the hospital.

Ref: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-nearly-died-because-nail-235700068.html

First official photograph of Prince Louis