Nutrients of cashew nuts
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient DatabaseTrusted Source, 1 ounce of raw cashews (28.35 grams), about 16-18 nuts, contains:
- 157 calories
- 8.56 grams (g) of carbohydrate
- 1.68 g of sugar
- 0.9 g of fiber
- 5.17 g of protein
- 12.43 g of total fat
- 10 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 1.89 mg of iron
- 83 mg of magnesium
- 168 mg of phosphorus
- 187 mg of potassium
- 3 mg of sodium
- 1.64 mg of zinc
Side-Effects Of Cashew
- Allergy Symptoms - Being allergic to cashew is quite common across the globe. Chances are that if you are allergic to nuts, you are also probably allergic to cashews.
- Mess up your digestion - It turns out that raw nuts contain many compounds that impair digestion, including phytates to tannins. Limit your intake of cashew nuts.
- Truly raw cashews are not safe to eat, as they contain a substance known as urushiol, found in poison ivy. Urushiol is toxic, and contact with it can trigger a skin reaction in some people. Cashew kernels are often sold as raw but have been steamed, which removes the toxins.
You may want to read How Cashews Almost Killed Me (and I Loved It)