Sugarcane is a form of grass that belongs to the Poaceae family.
Sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
Being alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps maintain electrolyte balance in your body, and thus stops your liver from going into overdrive.
Drink pure sugar cane juice for a couple of months or more if you have jaundice or liver disease. It will help your liver greatly.
Other great benefits of sugarcane include:
- Ensures Safe Pregnancy as it contains folic acid or vitamin B9 to protect mother and child
- Heals wounds faster
- Strengthens body organs
- Full of antioxidants to fight free-radicals in our body
- Eliminates toxins from our body
- As it is alkaline in nature, it maintains the pH level and acid-base balance in our body
- Full of calcium, it is good for our bones and teeth
Raw sugar cane juice contains 13 grams of dietary fibre per 8oz serving, which is about 50% of the daily value of fibre. Dietary fibre binds fat and prevent it from being stored in the body, hence it is a great way of losing weight.